Peter P. Cocolla - Credentials
- Violin lessons at age 8 through McDonough school program followed by private instruction.
- Member of school symphonic orchestra and Hartford
- All City Orchestra at age 12.
- Self taught on guitar starting in 1964.
- Lead guitarist for several regional bands from 1964 -1972. The In Crowd, The Deep Bluegh and Elysian Field who enjoyed concert performances with national acts such as Rick Derringer, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, J. Geils and had airplay of original music on local radio.
- Attended The Hartford Conservatory for two years starting in 1970 studying guitar, piano, violin, voice, music theory, music appreciation, orchestration, rhythm, choir and composition. This is also where Pete began giving guitar lessons as a student teacher.
- Studied several intense and advanced courses in "Study Technology" in private Academies in CT, Boston and Los Angeles which earned him several certificates as a Specialist in the subjects of teaching and learning itself. He has taught this as both a class instructor and a tutor to children and adults including professionals and teachers. This is definitely one of Pete's distinctions as an instructor which has fostered a learning environment that flows effortlessly from lesson to lesson giving students the rapid results they seek.
- Lead guitarist and vocalist for The Field Project, 2007 - 2008, performing in local clubs and shows.
So after 30 years of experience, Pete now works with over 50 students per week and has given over 42,000 lessons.